Health care professionals seeking discretion, high profile cases or individuals, geographical distance, mental or physical difficulties that make it difficult to leave the home are common barriers to obtaining treatment. Under some circumstances, remote services could be an alternative to in-office work. There are some parameters around offering treatment, which would need to be discussed prior to engaging in distance therapy:
- Many insurance companies do not cover therapy conducted remotely. This would need to be determined ahead of time.
- The environment in which the client would be working from must be safe.
- The individual must have the ability to regulate emotion and must not be actively suicidal or homicidal.
- Those with psychotic symptoms should be seen in office.
- There may be other relevant variables that are specific to each individual, which would need to be evaluated and discussed between the therapist and client.
Bloom Integrative Care
Let's Start the Conversation
3305 19th Avenue Forest Grove, OR 97116